What is Zeppelin?
Analytical environment on top of Hive (and Hive like systems).
- Web based user interface for Hive. History, Job management.
- Support multiple different system similar to hive through pluggable driver. Currently Hive, Shark.
- Pluggable visualization
- Pluggable algorithm
- Online archive of visualization, algorithm. ZAN (Zeppelin Archive Network)
- Cron like scheduler embedded
- Report generation (Share)
Can be used for
- Lightweigt web interface for Hive and similar systems
- Visualize data on Hadoop using Hive
- Sharing visualization through http link
- Share queries, algorithms trough online archive
- Schedule queries for automate the job
- Zengine is an framework for Java to simplify data analytics on Hadoop.
Zeppelin generate Hive query.
- ZQL is extension of HiveQL. Designed for easy data analysis.
- ZAN is Zeppelin Archive Network, think npm for sharing libraries.
Who uses it?
- NFLabs - Zeppelin automates regular analytical query execution via embedded scheduler. Also our data analyist take care of on-demand analysis request from customer using Zeppelin.
[2014.03.29] Zeppelin 0.3.3 Released!
This project still is in early stages. If you'd like to be added as a contributor, please fork!